Friday 14 December 2012

Character posters

Here are some character photos that I have taken, and edited using Photoshop to turn them into character posters to go with our film posters and teaser posters. There will be a poster for each character, each with the same theme: there are two sides to every coin.

I edited the photos by erasing the backgrounds, and altering the lighting effects so that each character is partially shrouded in a spotlight. This idea supports the mysterious edge to our characters because it suggests that they are each capable of deception, and that maybe one of them - or all of them - have something to hide. It also means that before watching the film, the audience has no idea who is the culprit.

The first attempt at making these character posters allowed me to experiment with different effects which I could filter over the top of the image. After doing so, I found that I enjoyed adjusting the lighting on the photos, and decided to keep the same theme on all the character posters.

ORIGINAL PHOTOS




These are the original photographs that I took.

FIRST DRAFT





SECOND DRAFT (FINISHED POSTERS)




No comments:

Post a Comment