Thursday 27 September 2012

Teaser Trailer





Above is a finished teaser trailer that I created for our film. This allowed me to experience using a different program to the others that we use in class, and in this case, I used the program iMovie. Below I have provided an explanation of what I had to do, and how useful/effective I found the program.




This is the general interface that I had to use. It allowed me to multi-task and find things easily, so for those reasons I initially found it quite simple to use. 





This is the section where you can create your video in a sort of timeline format. I found this similar to FinalCut, and found it easy to navigate and move about the different slides.  





In the bottom left-hand corner is this section where I was able to drag different texts, transitions, audio and even photos if I wanted to add them. There were a lot of choices and again the effects were easy to apply to the video.





This is the main screen where I was able to add and edit the text. Again this is similar to the kind of screen used in FinalCut which meant that I found it easy to use.





This editing panel came up whenever I clicked on the different slides on the timeline. This is where I was able to control the duration of each slide, and the background colour scheme that I wanted.


What didn't I like or find useful about this program?

This program doesn't allow you to add photos from your documents or even desktop. Only camera photos can be added, which means that you don't get many options as to how you want to add media. 

The text transitions were very good, but there wasn't a great many selection of choices to use. This might be particularly inconvenient if someone is looking for a specific kind of text which fits with the style of their film, but I was able to find the right kind of text to correspond with the mood and style of our film.




No comments:

Post a Comment